Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Take A Moment To Relax

Take A Moment To Relax







May 28, 2010, it was a beautiful sunny Florida morning. Not more than 10 minutes of my arrival at work, I hear those dreadful words, " your position has been eliminated due to budget cuts". Within minutes, the day went from sunny to gloomy. Immediately I panic. What am I going to do? I have a daughter going into her sophomore year at Stetson University, another daughter entering her senior year in high school and twins entering their sophomore year also in high school. I had two options, go home and fall apart or I can remain relaxed. I chose the latter and went to the beach with my wife for the day.


Many of us go through similar experiences when losing a job. It is critical that we remain calm. That we understand the importance of being positive. Of course it is much easier stated than done, but if we recognize within ourselves what relaxes us, it will enable you to cope with sudden job loss or any other life changing event. Relaxation differs from person to person. Some like to take a walk, some listen to music and many are discovering the wonders of meditation.


I personally find meditation to be very useful with its various breathing techniques. Meditation is just one tool of many. Below, I have a link that will show you how meditation can help you de-stress your life and relax.

No comments:

Post a Comment