Monday, January 9, 2012

What is true success?


By: Lori McMullin, APR, Director of Business Operations & Communications

Center for Business Excellence

Success means different things to different people – and different things to the same people as they grow and evolve through life experience.

Lately, this is something I tend to ponder often as the subject seems to come up quite a bit. It is interesting to catch a glimpse every now and then into the minds of others on this subject.

As for me? Success is most definitely not defined by the car I drive or the house I live in. It isn’t found in the handbag I carry or fancy parties I may or may not attend.

Rather, it’s being content with what I have, who I am and who I surround myself with. That doesn’t mean I don’t want or aspire to certain things. It simply means I’d rather people recognize me for the good I try to do rather than the material things, etc.

I found an excellent link to lessons on the subject:

http://www.lifeoptimizer.org/2009/01/23/life-lessons/

No comments:

Post a Comment