Monday, February 20, 2012

Showing genuine appreciation for others is key to fostering great relationships


By: Lori Mcmullin, APR, Director of Business Operations & Communications

Center for Business Excellence

I recently watched an interesting news feature on the late Dale Carnegie. In all honesty, I had not thought of his bestseller, “How to Win Friends and Influence People,” in years. It was a good reminder.

We often forget the importance of expressing genuine appreciation for others on a regular basis. This is something Carnegie stressed.

Everyone is so busy these days and how often do we think to ourselves, “Grow up!” when we hear someone carp and complain about something? Perhaps, they are just indirectly expressing they feel what they do doesn’t really matter much to others.

So, I will try to make a better effort to show my sincere appreciation for those in every aspect of my life. How about you? Check out this article for tips on how to become more effective at this. Oh, and thanks for taking time to read my blog post today. I truly appreciate it!

http://www.whatithinkabout.com/why-you-should-show-appreciation/

No comments:

Post a Comment