Thursday, May 24, 2012


Forbes Magazine Article
By Larry French

When this series of articles began I was still looking for work. Being laid off from the job I’d thought I would retire from, I had to deal with the reality of today’s workscape. It was a barren ‘no-man’s land’ of little opportunity. After brushing the dust off of my resume, I was off on a journey of rediscovery when it comes to job searching.

Don’t Give Up
I had to re-invent myself. Looking at my skills and assets as a worker, I needed to come up with a job search strategy. I wanted to continue working as an editor and also seeking recognition as an author with my writing. A two-pronged plan came together where I would look for editorial work to meet my financial obligations and also keep writing.

That was a tough job search strategy to implement but LinkedIn became the tool for me to make it work. LinkedIn is a networking medium used by professionals and lots of businesses today. It’s become the electronic equivalent of face-to-face networking. The contacts you establish on LinkedIn can work for you. It has been helpful to me and that’s why I’ve been writing these articles.

See for Yourself
You don’t have to simply take my word for it. Check out the several links in the articles of this series to other sources talking about LinkedIn. In fact, here’s another, Top 2 Reasons LinkedIn Is Taking Over the World, from Forbes Magazine,

After exploring what LinkedIn may have to offer you, also seek more advice and help in your job search with the CBE One-Stop Employment Division. Check their website at http://www.onestops.com/newindex.asp and check out the resources, such as the Job Seekers and Customized Services tabs. Schedule an appointment to meet with one of the staff to discuss your job search strategy and begin re-inventing yourself. Find the CBE Blog link and also check out the other articles posted to help you in your job search.

Larry French is a novelist and writer. He is now seeking a publisher for his first novel, Time Will Tell, The Awakening which blends his love of history and science and is set during the American Civil War. http://www.linkedin.com/pub/larry-french/12/213/534 Read about his work at, LARRYFRENCHHISTORICALNOVELIST.COM

No comments:

Post a Comment