Monday, December 10, 2012

Charitable giving without breaking the bank


 

By: Lori Mcmullin, APR
Director of Business Operations & Communications
Center for Business Excellence

 

So many of us have a philanthropic soul -- and an increased fiscal conscience after living thorough the recession.  So, how do you marry the two up these days?

Yes, the old adage, “give until it hurts,” has merit, but does it still hold up in this new economy?

I have to say, I was more than a bit turned off when I recently received a solicitation letter from an organization I am involved in suggesting I give a MINIMUM of $1,000.  Really?

Was the organization implying that anything less would not be needed or appreciated? As a former fund-raising professional, I ask, “Is that the tactic an organization should take in this day and age?” 

Needless to say, I was pleased to find a link with simple ideas/reminders of how we all can make a big impact in the community without breaking the bank.  I hope you find it both inspiring and refreshing:

No comments:

Post a Comment