Monday, October 18, 2010

Charm School for Your Career


“You talk too much. You never shut up!” Good Monday morning! It’s Lori Stone, CBE’s director of business operations and communications. Yep, Run dmc may have been on to something with these simple lyrics. Unless you are in the middle of a filibuster on the U.S. Senate floor, you may need to check yourself and determine if you could use “charm school” for your career.


I know I’ve been guilty of using the wrong tactics to get noticed in my career, especially when I was just starting out. Hard to believe people didn’t find me as charming and hilarious as I thought I was – LOL! I still have to watch myself when I’m anxious or overtired and “slap happy.”

So, join me and check out these great tips/refreshers on the subject:

http://www.kiplinger.com/columns/onthejob/archive/2008/job0206.html

No comments:

Post a Comment