Tuesday, December 21, 2010

NOTHING TO LOSE AND EVERYTHING TO GAIN


Hello all, my name is Darlene Duncan. Currently I’m the Training Coordinator for Training Initiatives, Inc., however, I’ve done many other things in my short life. The one I want to briefly touch on today is the lawn service I owned. After more than a decade mowing lawns I decided it was time to do something else and I wanted to sell my lawn business. I set a deadline and worked on mentally picturing that it would sell by then. Did it work? You better believe it. The day of the deadline was the exact day the sale took place.
I was reminded of this recently when I read an article on becoming successful just by thinking about it. In his article, Will Craig, related the story of Liu Chi Kung, a world-class pianist in the late 1950’s. He was imprisoned during the Cultural Revolution in China. The article goes on to tell how after seven years without a piano he immediately returned to his concert tour. His fans said he played better than ever and wondered how this was possible, Kung said, “I rehearsed every piece I had ever played, note by note, in my mind.”
I know some of you are shaking your head in disbelief and you’re thinking that it’s all a bunch of nonsense. You don’t believe that thinking about being successful will make you successful. Maybe you’re right but maybe you’re wrong. But let me ask you this, what have you got to lose by thinking of yourself as a capable, successful individual and having a positive outlook on your future? The answer to that question is easy, nothing to lose and everything to gain.
So believe in yourself and picture the future you want.

No comments:

Post a Comment