Monday, July 25, 2011

Awkward job interview moments

By: Lori McMullin, APR, Director of Business Operations & Communications

Center for Business Excellence

We all know looking for and landing a job is serious business. It’s hard to keep motivation and spirits up after what can be months and years of steadfast effort. However, we all experience that occasional, “Did that really just happen?,” moment in the process.

I once interviewed for a special events position with a children’s hospital and thought my energy and enthusiasm would win the interviewer over for sure. That is, until he said to me, “Don’t you find it ironic that you have a B.S. [degree] in PR? About then, I heard the imaginary “dump truck” backing up toward me.

I can now look back on that moment and actually chuckle a bit. Here’s a link to other awkward job interview experiences:

http://www.resumark.com/blog/katia/most-embarrassing-job-interview-situations/

No comments:

Post a Comment