Monday, July 18, 2011

Don’t dwell in the past…dwell in possibility!

By: Lori McMullin, APR, Director of Business Operations & Communications

Center for Business Excellence

Let’s face it. By the time we have spent a few decades on this planet, we have all amassed a collection of well-worn, personal “baggage.” That’s called life.

I would venture to say, at some point, most human beings have wallowed in the woes of the past and possibly shared too much with others who uncomfortably don’t know quite what to do. I know I have. Word of the day, kids…AWKWARD!

Sometimes, dwelling in the past is the root of serious issues and professional guidance may be needed. I’m not talking about this.

Other few and lucky times, it can be a positive thing. If I hadn’t taken a peek back, I wouldn’t now be with my wonderful husband. I’m not talking about this, either, but the happy bride had to throw it in!

What I’m talking about is what entrepreneur Bethany Frankel (who gained notoriety as a cast member of Bravo TV’s “The Real Housewives of NYC”) calls, “wearing your story,” – not typically a good thing.

Whether you like Frankel or not, she seems to have a way of getting to the essence of it all on many occasions. Frankel has a new book out entitled, “A Place of Yes,” that goes into 10 ways to help yourself move forward in a positive direction.

Here’s a link to an interesting excerpt from her book:

http://today.msnbc.msn.com/id/43252595/ns/today-books/t/bethenny-frankel-reveals-how-get-place-yes/

No comments:

Post a Comment