Monday, April 4, 2011

Make up your mind already! Why indecision drives some people nuts.

By: Lori Stone, APR, Director of Business Operations & Communications

Center for Business Excellence

“This indecision’s bugging me. Esta indecisión me molesta.” These lyrics from the Clash’s song, “Should I stay or should I go?,” ring true with me on most occasions.

Certainly, important decisions and choices should be thought through. However, I typically find your gut instinct usually leads you down the right path –whether it’s choosing a nail polish color for your pedicure or deciding which college to go to.

I go bonkers waiting for someone to get off the proverbial “fence” and move forward in some manner. This is probably because I tend to run at moch speed and would prefer to check something off the list than to have to loop back around and tackle it later. I’m not saying I’m right…it’s just the way it is for me.

I found this interesting link on the subject that is decisively helpful for the indecisive and those who love them: http://healing.about.com/od/declutter/a/mentalclutter.htm

No comments:

Post a Comment