Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Through music, we can escape.

Music's healing power!







So many of us day after day do nothing more than worry ourselves to exhaustion. Worry about bills. Worry about our children. Worry how long before we get employed. Although, we all know that worrying won't help ease the situation before us, we still continue to worry. Always remember that no matter how bad or how endless our troubles may seem, there is always a brand new day tomorrow.


So what exactly am I trying to get at? Well, I can tell you that when things may seem hopeless for me or when it seems that nothing ever goes right, I turn to music. Music calms my soul. Music takes me away, although temporarily, to a better place. It helps me realize that no matter how bad it may seem, things will always get better.


For me, Bob Marley's Three Little Birds, is that song that makes me smile. I can have all the troubles or the weight of the world on my shoulders, but when I hear Mr. Marley sing, " Don't worry about a thing. 'Cause every little thing gonna be all right" all my troubles are gone. For those 4 minutes, I am relaxed and free of all my worries.


No matter how long or short, find that special song or album that takes you away.





3 comments:

  1. "Woke up this morning, smile at the rising sun..."

    ReplyDelete
  2. "One good thing about music, is when it hits, you feel no pain" - Robert Nesta Marley

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love Bob Marley. It takes to you a place where "Every is going to be alright" and that works for me.

    ReplyDelete