Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Remembering names a plus


By Suzy Kridner
CBE Administrative Assistant
Remembering names is a problem for many of us.
I’ve just been introduced to someone and the name goes right out of my memory, or it was never firmly implanted on my brain’s hard drive.
Despite all the articles I’ve read, and seminars I’ve attended, it’s still difficult to remember a name. And it doesn’t get easier as we age.
My husband and I have a pact. We don’t get upset when we meet someone we know but don’t introduce him or her to our spouse.
We know it’s because we can’t remember the person’s name.
I’m really appreciative of a co-worker I wanted to introduce to someone at a business function recently. When I asked her, do you know “John Smith?” she immediately said “No,” and gave her name, “Hello, I’m Mary Jones.” We all have mental blocks at times.
But for job seekers or business owners, remembering someone’s name is crucial.
The following article tells why we forget people’s names and suggestions on how to remember them. Read more here.

No comments:

Post a Comment