Friday, May 27, 2011

Time for spring cleaning…does that include Facebook?

By: Lori Stone, APR, Director of Business Operations & Communications

Center for Business Excellence

It’s that time of year. Time to clean out the clutter at home or your office. Spring symbolizes a fresh start in every way. Does that include your Facebook page?

Let’s face it. Facebook has many intriguing qualities…and a few annoying ones. I personally don’t like receiving multiple invitations to your kazoo concert. And I definitely don’t want a question answered about me, a pillow thrown at me or a teddy bear! However, this doesn’t necessarily mean I should be quick to hit “Delete.”

Let’s face it. Our community, or the world for that matter, is getting more accessible through technology. We may barely know each other now, but I may be working closely with you on a project in a couple of years.

And what about the office environment? What do you do then? If you delete someone you work with, is that considered a virtual, “in your face?” In pondering all of this, I found this excellent article on Facebook etiquette:

http://peggyparks.wordpress.com/2010/04/12/facebook-etiquette-deleting-friends/

No comments:

Post a Comment